Black History Month 2023
February 1, 2023Featured Articles
Join us in celebration of Black History Month and the people who committed their lives to understanding the relationship between race, stigma, and mental health.
Conversations addressing the relationship between race, stigma, and mental health.
- “The Protest Psychosis” by Jonathan Metzl
- History Channel Podcast – A Century of stigma for Black America and Mental Health
- American Psychiatric Association blogpost – Resistance Accountability, and Progress
- American Psychiatric Association Podcast – Finding Our Voice
The Black Minority in America
- Black Mental Health – Patients Providers and Systems
- Podcast – Psychiatry Unbound – Episode “Black Mental Health” featuring Altha J Stewart MD who wrote the book. She was previously the president of the APA.