|Job Category||Mind Springs Health|
|Salary||$52,000/year plus experience and benefits.|
Calculates and processes all documents for pay and deductions for all employees both salaried and hourly, including all information from the time clock. Maintains complete, accurate detailed record of all payroll data including all computer and manual files and other payroll documents. Responsible for system administration, utilizes and maintenance for payroll software. Acts as a resource person to all staff regarding any payroll issues. Performs accounting related functions that may include journal entries, bank reconciliations and account reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience of direct payroll processing required.
- Experience utilizing ADP payroll system a definite plus.
- Experience with general accounting concepts and procedures.
- Must have strong computer skills and be extremely detail oriented.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Requires practical knowledge of company payroll policy, State and Federal government regulations and tax requirements.
- Must complete duties of position with a high degree of accuracy, and high level of confidentiality.
- High degree of mathematical skills, computerized payroll accounting skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting theory, accounting functions, and related internal controls.
- Experience in data manipulation and statistical knowledge to produce meaningful financial data and reports.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows based computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet access.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer keyboard, 10-key by touch, calculator, copy machine, fax and multi-line telephone.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a sometimes hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Must have ability to sit for longer periods of time at a computer. Employee must be able to travel between Mind Springs sites. Possible potential for exposure to communicable disease. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for the overall payroll function of the organization.
- Works closely with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all employment and payroll laws.
- Process all payroll documents for a bi-weekly payroll, including Hourly Verification Reports for salary and hourly, all information from the Time-Clock system and Payroll Action Forms.
- Responsible for maintenance of all employee computer and manual files and other payroll related documents.
- Reviews calculations all gross wages, including extra pay, overtime, consolidated and extended leaves, termination pay, on call wages, and reimbursement amounts for flex plan.
- Responsible for calculations of all proper deductions for pay, including taxes, flex plan, Tax Sheltered Annuity, medical and dental premiums, additional life insurance coverage premiums, voluntary AFLAC premiums, and garnishments.
- Schedules, prepares, processes, transmits and maintains all necessary information with agency payroll service as required each pay period.
- Once payroll information and checks are received, promptly verifies all pay for accuracy and makes all necessary adjustments, verifies and corrects all Electronic Funds Transfer transactions, and mails checks. Verifies all processed voice and manual checks, and records all transactions not processed with the accounting department.
- Maintains payroll and time-clock software by performing system utilities, maintenance, and administration.
- Provides assistance and training to staff and supervisors as necessary.
- Effectively handles problems and provides assistance to all employees regarding payroll and payroll related information. This may include processing payments between scheduled paydays.
- Compiles, prepares, and issues payroll reports as directed.
- Oversees issuance of W-2’s.
- Ensures proper accountability for information entered into the payroll system.
- Provides auditors with payroll data as requested.
- Completes other accounting duties as assigned to include, but not limited to, journal entries, bank and account reconciliations.
- Complete analyses of data as directed by Accounting Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Grand Junction - Full Time||Apply for this position|