Medical Records

Being an active participant in treatment is important to your success! Having access to your health information is an easy way to be active in your treatment. With a few exceptions, it is your right to inspect, review, and receive a copy of your health information. Our Medical Records staff can help you to request a copy of your records.

Medical Records Dept.
515 28 3/4 Road, Grand Junction, CO 81501
Phone: 970.683.7252
Fax: 970.683.7055 or 970.255.1266

Access your Records

Except as described in our HIPAA Privacy Notice, only you or your personal representative, such as a parent or legal guardian, have the right to access your records. To request a copy of your records, print out and complete our Request for Records and send it to the Medical Records Department by mail, fax, or email with a copy of your photo ID; you can also stop in at any one of our outpatient offices to complete the form. You must sign this form by hand. Once the Mind Springs Medical Records Department has your request, we will process it within 30 calendar days.

Share your Records

If you would like us to be able to share your information with someone else, such as your primary care doctor, complete and send us an Authorization for Use and Disclosure with your signature written in pen.

*Note on drug and/or alcohol information:
There are special protections around drug and alcohol information. Except in very limited circumstances such as a threat to life or serious bodily injury, Mind Springs Health and West Springs Hospital must have your written permission to share any drug and/or alcohol information. This information will not automatically be sent to your doctor.


Mind Springs Health may charge a reasonable cost for copying and mailing your records.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding a charge to receive a copy of your records. We will notify our clients of any charges for a copy of their records before we process the request. You cannot be denied a copy of your records because you have not paid a bill.


If you think something in your records is incorrect, you can request that we change it.
Please fill out a Request to Amend Protected Health Information (PHI) and send it to Medical Records.
Your request will be carefully reviewed and we must respond to your request.

Medical Records Forms

Skip to content